What do the world's leading tech companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Samsung, and many more have in common?
They have adopted the OKR to align both team goals and organizational goals!
Newest workshop from RISE, OKR Masterclass, the workshop that helps you achieve bolder goals with your team.
What is OKR?
Objectives and Key Results (OKR) is a popular management strategy for goal setting within organizations. The purpose of OKRs is to connect company, team, and personal goals to measurable results while having all team members and leaders work together towards a unified direction towards a bold mission. OKRs has been adopted and applied widely in many world’s leading corporates and tech companies such as Google, GoJek, Samsung, Amazon, Facebook, and more!
What you will learn from the workshop?
Our 1-day workshop includes 2 key sessions:
Session A: OKR Premiere
- What is OKR?
- OKR fundamentals (criteria of good Objectives and Key Results)
- OKR Setup (OKR Cascade and Rhythm of Execution)
- OKR Dashboard
- Case studies (based on our direct learning experience, and others learned indirectly from other sources)
- Common mistakes in OKR
- Participants understand how OKR can complement existing key performance indicators (KPIs) in their organizations
- Participants are ready to evolve their existing (e.g. weekly) update meeting into a goal-oriented discussion based on the OKR framework. One common reported benefit of this evolution is a more efficient meeting, in which +/- 8 people can succinctly discuss their weekly progress and upcoming goals in no more than 60 minutes (i.e. 7.5 minutes per person)
- Participants understand the mechanics of implementing OKR and are aware of its common pitfalls. This should shorten the period to become comfortable with OKR
Session B: Steps to Start a 10-Week OKR Implementation and Evaluation Guides
- Tools to build your OKR cadence and record your OKR: Google Docs, Spreadsheet, Trello (real examples), Gtmhub
- Top-down vs. bottom-up approach vs. hybrid approach: pros and cons, and its estimated adoption time
- Checklist to evaluate your OKR adoption. The 5-week and 10-week checklists will be provided
- Utilizing OKR scores as a discussion point of your 1:1 session
- Participants know the tools to properly document OKR. The goal is to appreciate the benefits of tracking members’ progress, including their own.
- Participants understand several approaches to adopt OKR, along with the pros and cons.
- The goal is to decide which approach might best suit their needs.
- Participants understand what to expect when adopting OKR for the first time (e.g. potential hurdles their team or company might run into) and the possible steps to mitigate the situation.
- Participants understand the estimated time needed for a team to properly implement OKR. The estimation is also reflecting Product Narrative own experience in coaching several teams in different companies.
- Participants understand how to develop action items to guide their team members based on their OKR scores and the conversation that happens during the OKR Review and/or 1:1 session.
OKR Masterclass run by Mulyadi Oey
Mulyadi Oey is a Founder, Product Narrative, coaches leaders and helps to deploy OKR at Midtrans, a GO-JEK company, leading product management roles in startups and corporates including BBM, Gift Card Indonesia, Blibli.com, Founders and Co-Founders of tech companies both in Indonesia and Silicon Valley.
A well-rounded professional who had the privilege of running his own company in the US, working with and for some great companies in Silicon Valley, and having a productive academic career as a graduate researcher.
Experienced in managing teams of developers / designers / QA — remote and local — to ensure timely project delivery.
Excellent project management skills with experience in Scrum and Lean methodologies.
A keen front-end / UI engineer with sharp design sensibilities. A co-author of 4 research publications.
Learn more about our instructor:
*Limited number of seats*
Download Brochure for more information: http://bit.ly/OKR_Brochure
Apply for OKR Masterclass here: http://bit.ly/OKR1_Apply
This workshop is recommended for a pair of an executive and his / her right-hand person from a company to come together as they can have a real-time discussion what potential hurdles their company might run into in order to adopt OKR and to brainstorm with us for the possible approaches to equip themselves with.
You can choose to attend the workshop on Fri, 14 June OR Sat, 15 June 2019.
Early Bird Rate (Valid until May 31, 2019)
Team (2 persons) - 35,000 THB (Excluding VAT 7%)
Individual - 20,000 THB (Excluding VAT 7%)
Team (2 persons) - 38,000 THB (Excluding VAT 7%)
Individual - 23,000 THB (Excluding VAT 7%)
*** EXCLUSIVE for workshop participants***
You can join OKR Real Talk Session by Mulyadi Oey for FREE on June 13, 2019 at RISE (6 - 8 pm).
Here are the featured topics in the talks:
- Why OKR? A conversation with OKR coach for Go-Jek
- OKR and narrative: OKR with a mission
- Creating Your Mission Clarity with OKR
- Avoiding OKR common pitfalls