Dreamtrips - See Sacred Temples in Bangkok
About Your Trip
Journey to Bangkok, a vibrant capital city full of Buddhist temples — more than 400 in total. Your DreamTrip will take you to 3 culturally significant wats, from oldest to newest, where you can see for yourself the outstanding characteristics of each.
Wat Pho, which dates from around 1788, is also known as “The Temple of the Reclining Buddha,” thanks to its 151-foot (46-meter) long golden, reclining Buddha statue. This complex has been designated as one of the 4 first-class royal temples in Bangkok. Then, admire another impressive golden Buddha statue at Wat Traimit, a temple built in 1831. Also a first-class royal temple, the architecturally impressive Wat Benchamabophit was built more recently, in 1900, and features walls made from Italian-imported marble.
The following day gives you ample leisure time to explore the city at your own pace, perhaps by traditional tuk-tuk — a 3-wheeled motorized vehicle used as a taxi. Top attractions include the majestic Chao Phraya River, gardens of the Grand Palace and Asiatique The Riverfront, an open-air night market established in 1907, which features more than 1,000 venues for shopping and eating.
What we love:
• Bangkok is home to well-known and sacred temples, including the 4-faced Thai representation of the Hindu god, Brahma, a highlight of Erawan Shrine.
• The large, seated golden Buddha statue at Wat Traimit weighs more than 5 tons (4.5 metric tons).
• Thailand is renowned for its impeccable beaches, thriving nightlife and delectable cuisine, which are all quintessential elements of the Bangkok experience.
Your DreamTrip includes 4 days and 3 nights in Bangkok, Thailand, as well as:
• Half-day temple tour; includes transportation and gratuities for driver and guide.
• English- or Chinese-speaking guide.
• 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK), approximately 21 miles (34 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Round-trip airport transfers are included from:
Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) to the hotel on June 9 at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 4 p.m. or 6 p.m.
The hotel to Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) on June 12 at 6 a.m., 9 a.m., noon or 3 p.m.
To arrange your airport transfers, please submit flight details by May 26.
Please note: Transfers are provided only for the airport(s), dates and times listed above.
Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom is set in the central business and entertainment district of Bangkok. Its location provides an ideal base for exploring nearby attractions, including nearby Asiatique The Riverfront, an open-air night market established in 1907, which features more than 1,000 venues for shopping and eating. Complimentary tuk-tuk shuttle service drops guests off at the Surasak BTS Station.
• 1 restaurant, 2 bars, 1 poolside bar and room service.
• Indoor pool, indoor kid’s pool, outdoor pool and outdoor kid’s pool.
• Fitness center, sauna, steam room and males-only whirlpool.
• Massage services available (at your own expense).
• Tennis court.
Deluxe Room accommodations with:
• 1 king bed or 2 queen beds. Extra bed available.
• Maximum occupancy 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children, with 1 child age 2 years or younger, and the 2nd child ages 3-11 years. (Please note: An extra bed is required for occupancy of 2 adults and 2 children. Contact Travel Support for availability and booking.)
• In-room heating and air conditioning controls.
• Work desk with lamp.
• Flat-screen television.
• Coffee- and tea-making facilities.
• Minibar (consumption at an additional cost).
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom
981 Silom Road
Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
Pricing for children for this hotel may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults. Click BOOK IT to check. If the pricing for children differs from the pricing for adults, refer to the Policies section for further details.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.
You may also like the following events from DreamTrips:
- This month, 7th June, 04:00 pm, Lisbon, Portugal Azamara Journey June 7-17
- This month, 10th June, 02:00 pm, DreamTrips: Family Fun in Sunny Southern Portugal in Albufeira
- This Wednesday, 13th June, 01:00 pm, DreamTrips: Escape to the Scenic Olympus Riviera
Also check out other Nonprofit Events in Bangkok
, Workshops in Bangkok
, Entertainment Events in Bangkok
Liked this event? Spread the word :