Voice over Workshop
Voiceover workshop with Malini Gowrishankar
After 13 successful workshops at Lahe Lahe, I am back with an improved 14th edition of my popular VO workshop, incorporating all constructive feedback provided by the earlier participants.
Details below. Sign up now to avoid disappointment as it has been historically fast-filling!
TESTIMONIALS FROM EARLIER WORKSHOPS:
"The scope covered was v good.it was very interactive and trainer was approachable.she presented a picture as close as possible to reality about the expectations and work that goes behind it"
"It was all through to the point. We got know how to, where to, what to do. Anybody who attended the workshop is sure to be getting started in VO world."
"Thanks a ton, it was a great help. It was indeed a great idea to have a workshop for the first-timers."
"Real life, practical tips and insights to the industry and the work involved. Not many could have shared such an insider's view with such authority. "
"Found the following very useful 1. Intro to each type of VO 2. What to expect when starting out (mistakes, rejections, studio personnel lingo - higher vs louder) 3. Importance of networking 4. Tips to start out (websites, ear training etc.) 5. Studio session"
"The workshop met my expectations perfectly. I was looking to hear about how to get started, the challenges and limitations, the feasibility of doing this on the side of a full-time job, and your own personal journey. I think the workshop did justice to all of this. Your infectious personality helped a great deal!"
"Ha, people tell me I have a nice voice. Can I do voice-overs?"
"I wonder how this industry works!"
"How do I start pursuing voice-overs as a hobby?"
"I am sure I can emote and intonate better than the voice on TV. But, how do I switch careers? :( "
"I can mimic. Can I try voice-overs?"
Find answers to all your curious questions, as VO/dubbing artist, Malini Gowrishankar ( voiceofmalini.com ) takes you through a very informative, eye-opening workshop on voice-overs, a very less understood industry. This workshop, will focus primarily on the practical aspects of becoming a VO artist - the fundamentals of voice modulation, practical tips to exploring this industry as a newbie and more.
The following will be covered at a basic level during the 4 hour workshop:
1.Busting the myths of VO industry
2.Fundamentals of voicing - modulation, intonation, pitching, tempo etc.
3.Voice-overs vs voice-acting vs dubbing - Understanding the differences
4.Introduction to equipment
5.Practical tips on switching careers and exploring VO as career option / hobby
6.Basic steps to setting up a home studio
7.Networking in this industry - How to?
8.Finding your niche - how can your voice be of use to the industry?
9.Pricing your service - an introduction
10. Studio visit and recording your first demo.
We would end this with a visit to the recording studio in the second half of the same day. In the event of the studio not being available on that day, we will finish studio visits for all within a month of taking the course.
You should join if you are:
a. A student looking for extra pocket money and industry exposure
b. Entrepreneur, looking for a side income as you build your main business
c. A corporate employee, seriously considering career options
d. A woman, who is looking to restart career after a break
e. A creative person and want to explore a new creative skill
f. interested in a career in media as RJ / dubbing artist / announcer etc.
g. just a curious character and have a free Sunday in your hand!
ABOUT THE TRAINER:
Malini Gowrishankar, is an established voice-over / dubbing artist in Bangalore, primarily lending her voice for Tamil/English projects. She has experience voicing for hundreds of hours of e-learning, Telephone IVRs and several radio/TV commercials, short films, feature film promos, corporate videos, cartoon voices etc. She has her own home setup and records several assignments for national and international clients. She also has tie-ups with various professional studios in Bangalore.
Besides being an artist, Malini has also dabbled with creative writing, has served as an RJ with Worldspace Radio ( Timbremedia ), emceed several events and functions and has been a motivational speaker at several institutions and corporates, sharing her passionate views on Entrepreneurship and Women empowerment. She is the Founder/CEO of an experiential travel company, F5 Escapes, specialising in all-women travel.
WORKSHOP FEES: Rs. 2850
-Scripts for practice
-Workshop content handouts
-Your voice sample as take away
-Tea and snacks
-Simple home made lunch
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
WHAT TO BRING
- Pen drive
- Your favorite scripts (poem/prose), one in English and one in your language of choice, each about 3-4 lines, to be recorded in your voice.
- This is non-refundable unless and unless you are not able to make it because of some emergency, which can be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- I do not wish to take responsibiity for natural/manmade calamities, strikes and so on. In the event of a mass problem, I will try postponing the event.
- In the event of you not being able to make it, you can pass on the slot to your friends and intimate me about it.
SETTING THE EXPECTATIONS:
I wish to set the correct expectations right from the beginning hence please read through the following carefully:
1. Please do not come with the expectation of becoming a VO artist in one day. This workshop is introductory - this will show you your options and throw light on the things you need to know and do, you will have to do your homework and hardwork to become a VO artist.
2. While I will be available on a need basis to help you out once in a while post the workshop, kindly do not expect me to handhold you till you become an artist. What you become post this workshop is totally dependent on your interest levels and commitment.
3. Certain voices work and certain voices dont. While I will be happy to assess your voice and give you a direction during the workshop, please do understand that not all who have a voice can become an artist. However, if you become one, I will be the happiest! :)
4. Come with an open mind to observe, participate and learn. Leave all your inhibitions behind and get ready for a happy, creative Sunday morning!
Very limited seats. Please pay to confirm your slot.
Please turn up!
You may also like the following events from Lahe Lahe: