LIVING BRIDGES: SOCIAL CHANGE AND NVC CONFERENCE+
Building Infrastructures of Peace and Sustainability
WHEN: October 29 (Monday) to November 2 (Friday), 2018
WHERE: Ecumenical Christian Centre, Bangalore, India
TRAINERS: CNVC Certified Trainers Duke Duchscherer, Jeannine Suurmond, L'aura Joy, Sudha Shankar, and Ranjitha Jeurkar
To support people and systems – institutions, practices, policies, behaviors, and beliefs – build a world where everyone’s needs are held with care!
ABOUT LIVING BRIDGES
Do you find yourself…
• Struggling to make an impact in your field and getting held up by conflict or negative communication patterns within your team or with the community?
• Experiencing in the face of systemic violence and problems, such as sexual violence, environmental disasters, and discrimination?
• Becoming passive, burning out, and feeling helpless when confronted with institutional and interpersonal forms of violence?
• Unfriending people on social media platforms, and losing connections because of political differences and conflict?
We would like invite you to LIVING BRIDGES: Social Change and NVC Conference+, a learning &doing conference that aims to “building bridges” between
• Professional Activists, Social Sector Professionals and Changemakers
• Corporate Foundations and CSR Projects
• Nonviolent Communication Professionals and Practitioners
• Others with interest in nonviolent social change
Envisioned as a MULTIDIMENSIONAL conference, the Living Bridges Conference+ will comprise of five WORKING GROUPS, focusing on different areas of social change. The DAILY THEMES and CORE FOCUS AREAS of Skill-building, Strategising, and Networking, aim to build infrastructures of peace and sustainability.
• Bring practical and radical form of compassion into our practices as a sustainable alternative to systems of hierarchy and dominance that destroys human rights, liberties, and creativity
• Shift beyond non-participation and passive resistance, to active communication across boundaries of political and religious beliefs
• Explore peace as more than the absence of conflict; peace as a state of being, as a way of life, that is connecting, inclusive, dynamic, and flowing.
• Address systemic problems at institutional and interpersonal levels without losing connection with people
• Network with people from a diverse background to actively create and contribute to solutions to systemic problems that are in keeping with values of compassion and nonviolence
Join us in taking active steps towards a future where everyone’s needs matter!
• Ruchika at +91 9987307229, for queries around registration as a self-sponsored participant, venue, and logistics, or
• Manasi at +91-9910280061 or +91-9811330868, for general inquiries, programme details, and partnering with Living Bridges as a corporate or social sector organisation
We are looking for interested NGOs and corporate organisations to partner with and would enjoy being connected to them. Can you help?
) for Corporate Partners, Sponsors, and Benefits , or
) for NGO Partners, Sponsors, and Benefits.
Manasi Saxena, Ranjitha Jeurkar, Ruchika Shukla, and Satish Bhat
Held by enCOMPASSion, a Delhi based peacebuilding and conflict transformation firm.