About the Event
The Great Kashmir Lakes, trek is the most beautiful, amazing and full of natural beauty trek. In this trek you can enjoy the scenic beauty of God’s amazing creation called ‘Lakes’. Here you can see 6 different Lakes named, Vishnusar, Kishansar, Gadsar ,Satsar,Gangabal,Nandkol and many other small lakes . This is the totally hidden part of Kashmir.
About the Place
Lush meadows, azure sky, limpid lakes, an autumnal aura encapsulated the whole landscape of lakes, mountains and passes that we crossed on our recent trek to Kashmir, Great Lakes. The trek receives its name from the numerous glacial lakes encountered enroute.
DETAILED ITINERARY WILL BE SHARED WITH REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS ONLY
Day 1: Journey Day: Bangalore-Srinagar Airport-Gagangir
Day 2: Gagangir to Nechnai to via Shukdari (11km 6to 7 hours camp at Nechnai Alt 11500)
Day 3: Nichnai(11,500ft) to Vishansar via Vishansar pass (Alt 13500 camp at Vishansar 11500 Alt can visit to Vishansar lake 12 km 6to 7 hours)
Day 4: Vishansar(12,000ft) to Gadsar(12,000ft) via Kishansar lake via gadsar pass highest point of the trek 13750 ft via gadsar lake longest day of the trek (15km, 8to9 hours, camp at gadsar army camp)
Day 5: Gadsar(12,000ft) to mangandubb(12,000ft) satsarlakes (8km, 4to5 hours, camping at mangandubb Alt 11500, visit to other lakes)
Day 6: mangandubb(12,000ft) to Gangabal(11,500ft) twin lakes via zechpass (10 km, 6to7 hours, Alt 13300, camping at Gangabal Alt 11500)
Day 7: rest day at Gangabal
Day 8: Gangabal to Naranag(7,450ft) (11km, 6to7 hours, Alt 7500) and drive back to Srinagar
Day 9: and Day 10: Sightseeing in Srinagar
Day 11: Journey day: Srinagar-Bangalore
Trek Distance: About 80 Km overall
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
No of participants: 15-20 Members
Trek Cost:Rs 12,000 per head which includes Rs 500 BIT fund and additional Rs 1500 for airport pick up and drop to the trek base
1. Tent accommodation during the trek
2. Meals while on trek
3. Trek equipment like Sleeping bag, tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent
4. Trekking Permits
5. First aid medical kits
6. Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
1. Flight Tickets - Participants must book the flights by themselves. Check with organizer for the dates, flights and any other details
2. Hotel Stay in Srinagar or any other place during the trip
3. Meals before or after trek days
4. Travel to Base camp and back to Srinagar
5. Any other expense that is not mentioned in the Inclusions list is borne by participants themselves.
How to register:
1. Transfer 5K to the Organizer account which is given below. Also, please mention your name in the description. Note the reference number.
Name: Rajesh R
2. Fill the form in the below link and provide the transaction reference number.
* Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the event: Full refund as cash
* Cancellation within 30 days from the start of the event: No refund of 5K or find a replacement yourself
1. We strictly follow "Do Not Litter" policy. If possible we will pick up already existing garbage from the nature.
2. We are non-profit volunteering group so please do not expect any luxury during the event.
3. Basic necessities will be taken care by the organizer. We expect you to be flexible enough during the event.
4. Intrepid Trekkers and its organizers are not responsible for any accidents or injuries, loss or damage to your personal belongings or any other uncertainties during the event. The participants agree to take full responsibilities and sign a letter of undertaking before the start of the event. Check the following link to read the letter of undertaking.
Anvesh Reddy (+91 8553 440 021)
Rajesh (+91 9742 400 777)