Gandikota & Belum Cave Exploration
As we marvel the architectural assets of India that’s left behind, there is one such masterpiece piquing the adrenaline of travelers, standing as a monument of South Indian travel destination. Yes, it’s the Gandikota! We, at Plan The Unplanned have decided to take you on a breathtaking journey to the Great Canyon of India in the best season to witness the beauty at it’s prime, the Monsoons. The trek involves trekking to the longest caves, Belum caves and kayaking in the Penna river, the mighty Gandikota fort, temple and not to forget the canyon with a breathtaking Pennar River cutting through the gorge. The magnificent nature drawing of orange rays and the unbrushed brush strokes of threatening clouds, leave you with an unforgettable splash of colors and not to forget, your holiday sunset photos.
START POINT - Bangalore
- Depart from Bangalore by 7:00 PM
- Reach campsite and freshen up.
- Have a delicious breakfast.
- Start the hike to River Bank for the finest kayaking.
- Reach the campsite after finishing the trek and have lunch.
- Explore Gandikota fort and temple.
- Reach the camp base, have dinner and gather around the
- Wake up and freshen up.
- Have a delicious breakfast.
- Explore the Belum caves (will be of 3 hours )
- Lunch at the homestay.
- Reach back to Bangalore by Sunday late night ( around 10.0
- Sharing basis accommodation in tents
- Separate rooms for men & women
- Breakfast on Day 1 & Day 2
- Lunch on Day 1 & Day 2
- Dinner for Day 1
- All meals included will be Veg
- Non A/C Tempo Traveller or Mini-bus with push back seats
depending on group size
- Bangalore to Bangalore
- Campfire (Dependent on weather conditions)
- Any kind of insurance
- Personal Expense: (snacks, mineral water etc)
- Anything not included above
- We have an equal male to female ratio for most of our treks
We require a minimum of 8 members to confirm the event
In case we fail to obtain the required minimum, full refund or the option to transfer to any other event will be provided. (Option of transfer shall be subject to payment/refund of balance amount if any)
- Swad E Punjab | 7:00 PM – Teacher’s Colony, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka
- New Shanti Sagar Hotel | 8:15 PM – Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka
- KTM Mekhri Circle | 9:30 PM – Mekhri Circle Junction, Raj Mahal Vilas Extension, Armane Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Any change in Pick up locations/ timings would be updated via mail 24 hours before the start of the trip
- Drop-off points shall be the same as the pick-up points
THINGS TO CARRY
- Small backpack to carry your essentials during the trek
- Water bottles – 1-2 (1 liter each)
- Lunch Box & Spoon to carry your packed lunch
- Raincoat/Bag covers in case of rains
- A comfortable pair of shoes with good grip for trekking
- Flip-flops for lazing around the campsite
- Torch/Headlamp to be used at night
- Portable chargers for your electronics
- Extra pair of clothes to change into once wet
- Poly bags to pack your wet clothes
- Extra cash for meals not included in the itinerary
Day 0 – Depart for Gandikota
We’ll start from Bengaluru in a Non AC/push Back seater bus at approx 9 PM. Once everyone is on board, we’ll have some fun ice-breaking sessions to know everyone else in the group and ensure we all have fun together.
Day 1 – Trek to River Bank
We’ll reach the homestay at around 7 AM. We’ll drop off unwanted luggage and freshen up. Have the delicious breakfast served at the campsite and head straight for the long trek ahead. Head out to Penna river (at the bottom of Gandikota Gorge) for the finest Kayaking experience, play in the water and swim (we’ll be providing life jackets). The great canyon of India, Gandikota cuts through the Erramala hills of the village. Formed between the Erramala hills this unexplored place in India staggers you with mesmerizing landscapes, dramatic scenery, and vast natural resources. Don’t worry about the experience of trek guides, this shouldn’t be a problem. After about 6 hours of the trek on such trail which includes the breathtaking view of nature’s architecture, you will be greeted with the majestic views of Pennar River.
After capturing the views in your mind and camera, we head back to the homestay for dinner and campfire.
Day 2 – Explore Belum Caves
Wake up to the chirps of rare bird species, take a stroll around the campsite. The most mystical charm of the city makes a visit to this village all the more exciting. Have the delicious breakfast served at the campsite and head out to explore the largest and longest cave system accessible for the public in the Indian subcontinent.
Once freshened up, delicious lunch would be served and we head off to Bangalore with a bag of memories and fun-filled music sessions.
Albums/videos:: Facebook, Meetup, Youtube, Instagram
SUBSCRIBE TO EVENT UPDATES
For booking enquiry, you can call us at: 9482070194, 7760710005, 8160671807
- Consumption of alcohol, intoxicants, and smoking would not be tolerated during the entire course of the journey and the trek. Kindly co-operate with us to make the experience more fun.
- Do not expect any luxuries on the trip. The locations that we host are at remote places and we do our best to arrange the basic facilities. The goal is to be outdoors.
- The Food that shall be provided will be Basic Veg Food. We do not serve Non-Veg Food.
- Put Litter in its place, do not trash your travel.
- Plan The Unplanned shall not be responsible for any of your belongings, valuables, jewelry, etc. Kindly do take care.
- In the case of traffic delays or breakdowns, expect a little delay in reaching the destination.
- If you cancel 7 days before the date of the event:
90% refund will be provided. (Payment gateway charges will be deducted)
- If you cancel 3-6 days before the date of the event:
50 % of the actual amount of the trek. (Payment gateway charges will be deducted)
- If you cancel 48 hours before the date of the event:
- No refund would be provided.
- Last-minute cancellations due to work, health issues, etc. would not be entertained and no refund or transfer shall be allowed for the same.
- Additional charges would be deducted (based on from where you booked) if you cancel the trek at any given date (along with the scenario described above), as payment gateway/event listing charges.
- For all the above choices, you can transfer your tickets to your friends. We would be more than happy to have them on board and you could save your hard-earned money.
SHIFTING OF DATES POLICY
- If you wish to shift your date of booking due to any unforeseen circumstances, the same should be intimated to us not less than 72 hours before the date of the event.
- Only one transfer per booking shall be permitted. Your booking shall stand canceled if you fail to join the event on the transferred dates.
- Once the option of date transfer is made, the booking amount shall be held as credits with us and in no case will a refund be made further on.
- 90% refund or transfer to a future date for cancellations made even 24 hours from the date of departure
- 8% discount on all our weekend treks`
- One free weekend trek after completing three treks with us
- Flat ₹500 off on every Himalayan Trek
- Exclusive invites for Unplanned Stories
- Exclusive #PTU goodies
You may also like the following events from Plan The Unplanned: