Ballalarayanadurga Fort Trek - Chikmagalur
Get ready to start your life of adventure and gear up to join the Monks on Wheels as we take you to the ruins of an isolated Ballalarayana Durga Fort.
An easy trek which is suitable for all age groups who are looking for a fun-filled weekend getaway with nature.
Brief description of the location:-
Ballalarayana Durga is a place of Historical Monument and it is located in the Western Ghats of Chikmagalur district.
Ballalarayana Durga, is really a isolated fort situated on top of a mighty peak at dense jungles of Western Ghats. All that ruins of this fort are its dilapidated traces, however the luxurious green forests with the steep slopes around the Ballalarayana Durga fort provides you the feeling of thriller as well as a sinister charm.
1. We start from our beloved city on friday night , a journey of around 330+ km.
1. After a night filled with ice breaker sessions and a much needed sleep, we reach the home stay at dawn.
2. After an overnight journey, we might be a little slacked, so it's important to freshen up and have breakfast.
3. Once we shrug off the slackness, we move onto our first activity of the trip - A trek to Ballalarayanadurga Fort.
4. Have packed lunch at the peak.
5. A total of 5-6 km trek to the historic fort and back.
6. After the trek, we visit a near by waterfalls.
7. Once you notice that the sun has sunk on the west, gather near the campfire to share tales of you and your companions, showcase some of your dance moves and let go of everything and sing your heart out.
We will however require the rain gods' permission for this. ?
8. You must be hungry? Aren't you? Dig into some local delicacies to enjoy.
9. End the day with Overnight stay.
1. We wake up early and we will go for a small estate walk around the homestay
2. Tea is not enough to keep your stomachs from growling, is it? After the walk, Breakfast is next.
3.Leave from the homestay and proceed to the famous Halebeedu temple.
4. Lunch(self sponsored) is next.
5. After lunch we start our Return journey to the Bengaluru city , have dinner(self sponsored) enroute and reach at night.
i) Trek difficulty: Moderate
ii) Total Trek duration: 4-5 hrs
iii) Accomodation will be on sharing basis.
All this and more at an
Early Bird offer without transport: Rs.2599/- *(including Taxes)
Early Bird offer with transport:Rs.3799/- *(including Taxes)
Actual Price without transport: Rs.2999/-* (including taxes)
Actual Price with Transport: Rs 4199/-*(including taxes)
The trip cost includes :
1. Meals: 2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (Veg & Non Veg)
2. Comfortable accommodation in dorms on sharing basis
3. Campfire party with fun activities.
4. All the activities mentioned in the itinerary are included in the package.
5. First Aid kit in case of emergencies. (We hope we don't have any)
6. Trek Guide charges
7. Forest Permits
8. 2 or more Monks on Wheels Team member who is there with you throughout the journey keeping all of you energised and making the day filled with fun activities.
Transportation & Fuel costs and other things not mentioned above.
1) People can make their own transportation arrangements or we could do that for you. The transportation arranged by us will INCUR ADDITIONAL CHARGES.
2) We need a minimum of 10 people or the event might be cancelled with full refund.
3) We need a minimum of 5 bikes to organize a bike ride or else they have to reach the location provided by us on their own at the mentioned time.
The surroundings around the Home stay will make you feel very close to Nature.
We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort.
Things required for the event :-
1. Water bottles
2. Rain coat (in case it rains)
4. Personal Medical kit
5. Extra pair clothing
6. One cover sheet
7. Carry bag
8. Jackets or sweaters
9. Trek shoes (any shoes with good grip)
For bookings and queries:-
Call or whatsapp us on
or just send us a message on Facebook and we will connect with you.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the amount paid will be refunded.
2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the amount paid shall be refunded.
3.All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
4. All kind of refunds will be made within 3-4 working days.
Also check out other Trips & Adventurous Activities in Bangalore, Entertainment Events in Bangalore, Parties in Bangalore.
Liked this event? Spread the word :