The Design and Technology Association, 11 Manor Park, Banbury, United Kingdom
Getting your D&T Primary curriculum ready for a deep dive Banbury
This full day course is ideally suited to primary school D&T leads and members of the senior leadership team. During the day we will discuss areas of the Ofsted inspection framework, guidance and advice to ensure you plan, deliver and monitor a broad and balanced D&T curriculum for your primary school.
• Understand requirements of the National Curriculum acknowledging these are a starting point to a wider curriculum provision.
• Develop a shared vision for D&T is in your school.
• Understand the requirements of the new Ofsted Framework and what they are looking for in a ‘deep dive’.
• Identify gaps in your current provision and understand how to fill them.
• Planning to ensure progression, stretch and challenge.
• How to successfully fit D&T into a crowded primary curriculum.
• Discover and plan for the required resources to support the delivery of your department’s curriculum.
• Ensure your curriculum is fit for future learning and employment.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
• Have a greater understanding of how D&T fits effectively within the Ofsted Inspection Framework.
• Be able to clearly express the Intent, Implementation and Impact of their D&T provision.
• Have greater confidence in their long-term plans and sequencing of lessons.
• Engage in a hands-on, practical session to gain confidence in incorporating stretch and challenge in a unit of work alongside alternative learning approaches.
You are advised to bring a laptop/portable device with you.
Before booking onto the course please read our terms and conditions for our COVID -19 policy and our cancellation policy