Are you having trouble controlling the way you eat?
Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous (FA) is a free Twelve Step recovery program for anyone suffering from food obsession, over-eating, under-eating or bulimia. Meetings are held every Wednesday Evening at Biscayne Medical Arts Bldg; BMA building is located on the Aventura Hospital Campus (separate building) in Aventura at 7:30pm.
For more information or a list of additional meetings throughout the U.S. and the world, call 781-932-6300 or visit: www.foodaddicts.org.
ABOUT FOOD ADDICTS IN RECOVERY ANONYMOUS
Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous is a Twelve Step fellowship based on the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). FA is a tax-exempt, non-profit Twelve Step program that helps people of all ages who have issues with food. There are no dues or fees for members. Anyone, from any walk of life, who seeks recovery from their problems with food, is welcome.
ARE YOU A FOOD ADDICT?
To find out, ask yourself the following questions and answer them as honestly as you can:
1. Have you ever wanted to stop eating and found you just couldn't?
2. Do you think about food or your weight constantly?
3. Do you find yourself attempting one diet or food plan after another, with no lasting success?
4. Do you binge and then "get rid of the binge" through vomiting, exercise, laxatives, or other forms of purging?
5. Do you eat differently in private than you do in front of other people?
6. Has a doctor or family member ever approached you with concern about your eating habits or weight?
7. Do you eat large quantities of food at one time (binge)?
8. Is your weight problem due to your "nibbling" all day long?
9. Do you eat to escape from your feelings?
10. Do you eat when you're not hungry?
11. Have you ever discarded food, only to retrieve and eat it later?
12. Do you eat in secret?
13. Do you fast or severely restrict your food intake?
14. Have you ever stolen other people's food?
15. Have you ever hidden food to make sure you have "enough"?
16. Do you feel driven to exercise excessively to control your weight?
17. Do you obsessively calculate the calories you've burned against the calories you've eaten?
18. Do you frequently feel guilty or ashamed about what you've eaten?
19. Are you waiting for your life to begin "when you lose the weight"?
20. Do you feel hopeless about your relationship with food?
IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO ANY OF THE ABOVE QUESTIONS, THEN YOU MAY BE A FOOD ADDICT.
For men and women who have experienced difficulties because they cannot control their eating or are obsessed with food or weight, and have searched for help around diet, weight loss, and certain eating disorders. FA has proven to be an effective and long-term solution, offering hope and recovery. There are no dues, fees, or meeting weigh-ins. FA is based on the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and membership is open to anyone who wants help in recovering from food addition (overeating, under-eating and bulimia).
For a list of meeting worldwide, visit www.foodaddicts.or or call 781-932-6300.
Are you the host?
Nearby HotelsBiscayne Medical Arts Bldg (BMA): BMA building located on Aventura Hospital Campus, 21110 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura, United States