What is SANS Pen Test Austin 2018?
SANS Pen Test Austin is six days of in-depth, hands-on ethical hacking, penetration testing, and exploit development training for professionals who need to know how to find vulnerabilities within their organizations, understand risk, and prioritize resources based on potential real-world attacks.
"SEC504 is foundational and core strength-building in the most critical areas of incident handling. It reinforces and develops understanding around roles and TTPs of both the adversary and defender." - Araceli Ari Gomes, Dell Secureworks
Who Should Attend?
This event isn't just for penetration testers or Red Team members; it is for any information security professional who wants to understand the mindset, tools, and techniques used by those who intrude where they don't belong.
If you like to break things, put them back together, find out how they work, and mimic the actions of real-world bad guys—all the while providing real business value to your organization—this event is for you!
"SEC660 is a mind-expanding course led by instructors with amazing knowledge and a passion for the subject matter." - James Holland, Palo Alto Networks
What Will You Gain?
- Hands-on skills you can directly apply the day you get back to your job
- Various courses to choose from for every level of information security practitioner—from introductory courses (SEC401) to advanced pen testing courses (SEC660), to specialized courses like SEC573 (Python) and FOR578 (Cyber Threat Intelligence)
- Three exciting nights of the SANS Core NetWars Experience, where you can have some fun and build serious InfoSec skills
- The opportunity to earn up to five additional SANS Pen Test Challenge Coins (each with an integrated cipher challenge) based on your performance in the SANS NetWars Experience
- The chance to hack a modern city, hone your skills, and protect the fictional citizens (inside a real, scale model city!) from the threat of nefarious cyber-attackers during SANS CyberCity Missions
- An ice cream day—because, no SANS event is complete without one!
"As an incident responder, SEC560 provides me with more insight into how an attacker would approach penetrating an organization's network." - Ellis Drew, Target
Why Should You Attend?
SANS Pen Test Austin 2018 is truly a special event that offers you the opportunity to add new pen testing/ethical hacking skills to your arsenal, network and collaborate with like-minded professionals, put your skills to the test through various challenges, and learn skills to better protect your organization and make yourself invaluable.
"SEC573 is excellent. I went from having almost no python coding ability to being able to write functional and useful programs." - Caleb Jaren, Microsoft
We look forward to seeing you at SANS Pen Test Austin 2018!
SANS Pen Test Curriculum Lead
To follow or tweet about this event, use hashtag #SANSAustin. Follow SANS at http://twitter.com/SANSInstitute
Learn more: http://www.sans.org/u/yBT