Storytelling for Leaders® – Auckland 2019
Influence without relying on authority.
Build fast rapport.
Change minds and inspire action.
Anecdote’s Storytelling for Leaders program will teach you the techniques you need to better influence, engage and inspire others – just as thousands of leaders already have, from Melbourne to New York, London to Singapore.
Organisations are changing quickly. Structures are flatter and reporting lines more complex. Staff and customers are spread around the world. And everyone is deafened by the ‘noise’ of information inundation. Yet the modern leader still needs to be able to influence and persuade in this constantly fluid environment...and this leadership occurs at all levels in an organisation.
The sharing of stories orally is a powerful way of cutting through. When we tell stories, people ‘get’ what we are saying – and they remember it. This is the case whether we are communicating informally (which is what we do most of the time) or in a more formal environment such as a presentation.
“Other presentations were dry and heavy, but the Yammer presentations really stood out because we were telling stories versus merely sharing data” — a Storytelling for Leaders participant describes the way storytelling changed her presentations. Click here to read more.
More than just storytelling
Storytelling for Leaders will teach you a systematic method for becoming a better, more confident storyteller. However, the program goes further. You will also learn how to use the magic of stories to get more from others - story-listening is the art of getting others to share stories. You’ll learn how to elicit stories from others, building stronger connections and gaining a better understanding of what’s really happening.
At the highest level, the program helps participants to influence, engage and inspire. Participants who fully engage with the workshop and the Deliberate Practice Program can expect the following outcomes:
- your presentations will be the ones people are talking about;
your messaging will be much more concise, more understandable and more engaging;
- you'll be much more successful when pitching ideas, funding proposals and client propositions;
- you'll communicate strategies, decisions and changes in ways that people understand, remember and engage with;
- people with strongly held views will be more open to changing their mind and seeing your point of view; and
- you'll be more authentic and credible.
More than a workshop
Storytelling for Leaders is not a one-off workshop but a complete six-month program. It includes:
- A full one-day workshop. The workshop is highly interactive as we strongly believe in the power of practical activities to foster learning. Throughout the day you will engage in hands-on activities designed to build your storytelling skills and confidence.
- Our unique Deliberate Practice Program (DPP). This six-month workplace-based program includes 24 weekly micro-learning activities to embed and enhance what was learnt in the workshop. Much of the valuable learning will occur when you apply these skills in the workplace. You also get six months online access to your presenter to ask questions and get feedback. Participants also get access to the Storytelling for Leaders® Online Resource Centre that provides additional resources, videos etc for each aspect of the program.
The Deliberate Practice Program includes online support, with the opportunity to ask questions and share your experiences at any time.
“The workshop covered a lot of territory in a way that combined analytical rigour with a clear and informal delivery. I recommend it without reservation.”
Who should attend?
Storytelling for Leaders is beneficial to anyone whose role requires them to influence, engage and inspire others. Previous participants have included senior leaders, project managers, salespeople, consultants and trainers.
You may also like the following events from Anecdote: