Massage for Cancer and Chronic Illness
A two day course with both theory and practical sessions to therapists the necessary knowledge, understanding and confidence to work with people at any stage of their cancer experience.
Presenter: Amanda Bell
Date: 17-18 September 2018
Location: NZCM Auckland Campus
• To define cancer, it’s causes and how it is spread.
• To gain understanding of the diagnostic process and what a patient may be experiencing.
• To be able to make suitable adaptations to standard massage techniques to be suitable.
• To be able to show empathy to a cancer patient, their friends and whanau.
• To learn scar management techniques suitable for cancer patients.
• Self-care while working in a difficult field.
To register your interest please email: aW5mbyB8IG56Y20gISBhYyAhIG56
You may also like the following events from New Zealand College of Massage: