The Pause, Breathe, Smile programme is now running in over 280 schools across the country. Pause, Breathe, Smile is a mindfulness and resilience programme for schools. It is New Zealand’s only locally developed, researched, and curriculum-aligned mindfulness in schools programme, and is supported by the Mental Health Foundation.
All Pause, Breathe, Smile resources are available in English and Te Reo Māori, and the programme is contextualised by Te Whare Tapa Whā – an eloquent model of hauora from a Māori perspective. Research published in peer-reviewed scientific journals shows that participation in Pause, Breathe, Smile:
• Improves focus and attention for better learning outcomes
• Increases calm and enhances self-awareness
• Helps develop conﬂict resolution skills and promotes pro-social behaviour
• Reduces stress for teachers
• Leads to statistically significant increases in childhood wellbeing, especially emotional wellbeing
Register here https://mindfulnesseducation.nz/product/pause-breathe-smile/