Adam Forrester manifests a physical representation of the notion of selective memory by interacting with formally confidential archival materials reflecting the hidden history of his hometown.
Each of the three integrations of the performance will begin with the artist entering the space and putting on a coat already on display. The first two performances will consist of the artist applying black paint to selected portions of the archival material, highlighting certain elements, while redacting others. The final performance on 6/24 will begin just as the previous two, but the paint will cover each of the five documents entirely, overlapping onto the gallery wall. Before the paint dries each document will be removed entirely and tucked into a suitcase. The ending of each iteration will be marked by the return of the coat to its place hanging on the wall.
This performance is part of Forrester's installation in Sliver Space as part of the exhibition. Atlanta Contemporary is open late on Thursday nights - register to visit the galleries here.
Atlanta Contemporary COVID-19 Procedures
Atlanta Contemporary recognizes that ensuring the health and safety of our campus requires excellent communication. Importantly, it requires an acknowledgement that success must be a shared responsibility, where everyone feels a common sense of ownership and accountability. Thank you for doing your part to ensure our success!
Atlanta Contemporary is asking for your help maintaining the safety and health of our visitors, staff, and Studio Artists. Please follow the guidelines below while visiting our space.
- Any visitor who is sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19 or believes they have been exposed to the virus should self-isolate and stay home. Please wait to visit until you have been cleared by a doctor.
- Visitors must wear PPE (ideally a face mask and gloves) while inside. This requirement does not apply to children under the age of 2.
- All visitors are invited wash their hands in the bathroom or use provided hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Visitors should maintain six feet of social distance from one another.
- Refrain from touching artwork or walls.
Questions? Email us at c3VwcG9ydCB8IGF0bGFudGFjb250ZW1wb3JhcnkgISBvcmc=.
You may also like the following events from Atlanta Contemporary:
Tickets for Adam Forrester Performance: Pagan Five can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events