NEDonBoard Course: How do you become an effective NED on Board? The Non-Executive Role
This specialised course is dedicated to business leaders ontrack to become a non-executive director or committee chairperson, or those newly in a non-exec role. It is designed to also benefit directors and stakeholders needing to strengthen their knowledge in implementing an effective boardroom.
The course will provide you with insight to secure, prepare and meet the challenge of your Board meetings. Split into three sessions, the course will cover the following:
1) How to effectively apply and position for NED roles. Session led by experienced headhunters.
2) What are your duties and liabilities as a non-executive director and board member? Session led by Mark Cardale, Director of Sanctuary Governance, lawyer and author of Practical Guide to Governance.
3) How do you run a board effectively and in practice? Session led by Sharon Constançon, CEO, Genius Methods, Board evaluations expert.
Know how to secure the right board position for you
Ensure you know the key foundations for a non-executive board role
Understand the duties and liabilities of the director role
Ultimately, become an effective board member
Correctly assess your legal, regulatory and behavioural responsibility
What are your duties and liabilities as a non-executive director?
How do you demonstrate effective behaviour in the boardroom?
How do you engage on a board in practice and what challenges you will face?
What does the Board expect from you?
How do you add value in the Boardroom?
How to secure you first role: a practical session on leading NED roles opportunities
How to present your CV: character and skillset to exhibit with real life and business examples
Navigate the landscape of Board positions within public sectors appointments, social enterprises, SMEs, charities and FTSE 100 position
Proven management experience or senior leadership experience
2017 course, session leaders rated as excellent
“A very useful day. Professional and well run”, M. Ward, experienced NED in the environmental sector.
“The opportunity to understand more about the best way to present your CV, develop more targeted approaches to securing NED roles and once in role the way to be most effective in working within and collectively acting as a Board”, M. Heaton, change leader with a proven track record of delivery in a range of roles across retail distribution, sales, products and marketing, operations, strategy.
“A much deeper understanding of the NED role, the effective management of Boards, and the NED selection process”, H. Cohen, broad executive career experience covering project management, business management and consultancy.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
For our professional development course, you can contact Liv Noble, TGl2ICEgbm9ibGUgfCBuZWRvbmJvYXJkICEgY29t.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, as long as you update the details 48h before the course.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, just send us an email: dGVhbSB8IG5lZG9uYm9hcmQgISBjb20=.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes or your ID.
What is the maximun number of professionals per course?
Our courses have a limited capacity of 15 professionals.
What will be the format of the day?
The format will be divided into three parts: The first part will focus on studying the fundamental of a Board position and proper governance. The second part addresses how to be an effective non-executive director. Finally, you will know how to find and secure a NED role.
You may also like the following events from NEDonBoard:
- Next Tuesday, 26th February, 07:00 pm, NEDonBoard: Board Best Practice® The Role of the Audit Committee, Overseeing Internal and External Audit in Arvada
- Next month, 5th March, 10:00 am, NEDonBoard, Manchester: Non-Exec Director and Board Breakfast - Co-hosted Event with Tindall Perry in Manchester
- Next month, 6th March, 10:00 am, NEDonBoard Edinburgh: NED Event in Edinburgh
Liked this event? Spread the word :