Invitation to Experiential Learning Institute:Towards an African Anti-Corruption Approach
*MS-TCDC EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING INSTITUTE (ELI)*
(In conjunction with the Africans Rising Movement)
*The inaugural ELI on Corruption*
*Towards an African Anti-Corruption Approach*
*The Experiential Learning Institute (ELI)* is a new initiative of the Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS-TCDC), whose primary goal is to actively seek realistic solutions to existing - particularly intractable, development challenges, through experiential learning.
At each institute we aim to create an enabling environment for:
• interactive engagement between stakeholders
• Testing theory against practice
• Identifying suitable, sometime unique approaches to address existing challenges
• Analyzing contexts afresh as pathways to the solution-seeking process
*Taking a fresh approach in combatting corruption*
The theft of public resources by elites and conspicuous consumption on the part of the beneficiaries of that theft is an issue about which ordinary Africans continue to seek effective ways of combatting, almost 30 years since anti-corruption initiatives became central to the development agenda in Africa.
• Despite modest gains, corruption still remains an issue of critical concern.
• Corruption has variously been described as the being amongst the biggest obstacles holding African countries from realizing their potential
• 2018 is the African Union's Year of Anti-Corruption.
• Is it not time to explore African solutions for this challenge?
MS-TCDC has chosen to focus its inaugural institute to looking back and reflecting on the lessons learned in the past three decades of the fight against corruption in Africa. This institute will identify and engage with different approaches that have been taken thus far by various anti-corruption initiatives; evaluate and understand their successes and failures; while sharing the lessons learned from the different contexts in which they have been tried in Africa.
We look forward to welcoming you to this particular Institute and others activities in the future.
Usa River, Arusha, Tanzania
July 16-20, 2018
Mr. John Githongo and Justice Joseph Warioba (Rtd)
Dr. Mshai Mwangola
*Special guest of Faculty*:
Justice Willy Mutunga (Rtd)
US$ 950 or US$ 150 advance payment of the total fee (Includes meals and accommodation for the whole week)
Anti-corruption agency leaders; CSO leaders; law enforcement officials; business compliance practitioners; risk management professionals; representatives of multilateral and bilateral organizations; leaders of audit and compliance institutions and Judiciary professionals all currently active in the anti-corruption field at the most senior level.
Also check out other Workshops in Arusha.
Liked this event? Spread the word :