Intensive 20 hr. Yin Teacher Training
Bridge the gap of an active life to a meditative life. While practicing stillness in postures / asanas with longer holds, one’s mind begins to quiet down and allow greater awareness and understanding of oneself to emerge. Yin yoga can be described as a stabilizing, de-stressing, feminine, and contemplative practice.
Yin yoga is based on the Taoist concepts of balancing the Yin and the Yang, the opposite and complementary principles in nature. With our busy lifestyles our bodies tighten up from mental tension and cause all sorts of ailments and lack of mobility leading to discomfort and pain. Yin yoga postures give an opportunity for deeper tissues such as connective and fascia to release long held tensions allowing for the Prana/life force to flow more easily through previously blocked areas increasing overall energy and well-being.
Yin Yoga helps us to play our edges, unwind, breath more consciously and turn inward. There is less instruction to listen to, much to discover within oneself and more peace to be found.
Yin yoga is a wonderful compliment to any other form of yoga or any other activity in our life.
Benefits of Yin yoga are:
• Calming and balancing to the mind and nervous system
• Regulates energy, balances hormones, deeper relaxation
• Increases mobility in the body, especially the spine and major joints
• Lowers stress levels, reduces anxiety, improves sciatica, TMJ tension and migraines
• Greater stamina, better ability to sit through meditation
• Better lubrication, protection and flexibility of joints and connective tissue
• Release of fascia throughout the body
This 20 hour Yin Yoga teacher training offers 20 CEU’s with Yoga Alliance and is a valuable addition to your teaching repertoire.
As a teacher you will learn:
• to help students ease agitation and promote relaxation
• explain organic and emotional/energetic benefits of postures
• suggest specific postures therapeutically
• assess comfort of your students
• develop an understanding of the healing process
• offer verbal cues and hands on adjustments
• to re-align and restore the root of imbalance
• to guide students through several sequences of yin yoga postures
Your investment is $450. You can save $50 by signing up for the Early Bird Discount taking $50 off through July 10th.
You will meet at Thrive Yoga and Wellness. Class times are
Friday 4 pm - 8 pm
Sat/sun 10 am - 6 pm
Space is limited, so sign up today!
As a special bonus, if you sign up for our 200 hr Teacher Training fall 2019 Semester your tuition covers this workshop as well! For more details go to www.thriveyogaandwellness.com/yoga-teacher-training
To learn more about Nora go to www.norabenian.com
You may also like the following events from Thrive Yoga and Wellness: