Foundation Handgun Course (Complete Operation)
Your journey starts here.
Foundation classes are 16-hour classes for beginner and accomplished students with the desire to learn. This is for the individual who wants to safely manipulate and accurately fire their weapon systems in self-defense and in the defense of your loved ones. The participant will achieve a higher level of confidence and will learn necessary safety measures when using a defensive weapon. Through utilization of demonstration, lecture, range procedure, and practical use, the student will be taught:
- Safe weapon handling (4 safety rules enforced)
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Front sight focus
- Trigger press
- Trigger reset
- Multiple target engagement
- Accuracy at multiple distances
- Manipulation of the weapon system
- Press checks
- Draw from the holster
- Malfunction clearances
The 16-hour class will start at Alaska Tactical at 0800 Saturday morning for a short presentation, immediately followed by range training for the balance of Saturday and all day Sunday from 0900 to 1700 hours.
Students must have either a valid Alaska Concealed Carry Permit, provide current military or law enforcement identification, or have obtained a State of Alaska background check prior to participating in this training in addition to:
- 600 rounds pistol ammo
- Full size semi-auto handgun with at least three magazines
- Outside-the-waistband hip holster and magazine pouch
- Good attitude.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Completed Application for Training.
- Appropriate clothing for weather - Ball cap, closed toe footwear, etc.
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
Please refer to our website, alaskatactical.com, for rates and rentals.