Canyon Echoes: A Guitar & Flute Concert
Join us for a magic evening of musical storytelling as duo Raften-Abdihodzic inspire us with contemporary flute and guitar repertoire, and their desire to cultivate contemporary music in Alaska.
The concert program will revolve around two masterworks:
Canyon Echoes, composed by acclaimed American flutist Catherine Hoover, is inspired by the Apache folktale about two young lovers from different tribes and their tragic end. As well as, Astor Piazzolla’s famous History of Tango, which follows the development of tango from the 1900s to what it is today.
• Canyon Echoes, Op. 45 (1991), by Katherine Hoover
• Burlesca, Op. 33 (1961), by Nicolas Flagello
• Quatre facettes (1997), Jean-Michel Damase
• Sonata in G Major, Wq. 133/ H.564 (1735), by Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach
• Sonatina, Op. 205 (1965), by Mario Castelnuo
• Histoire du Tango (1986), by Ástor Piazzolla (1921-1992)
You may also like the following events from UAA Department of Music: