This is a 7-hour adventure in the Disneyland Resort organized by LAX Lone Scouts (WLACC) where we will be using the Disney Youth Education Series (YES) Class: DISNEY CULINARY ARTS to fulfill these requirements for the (a) COOKING Merit Badge - Req #1, Req #2, Req #3, and Req #7 - on site at the Disneyland Resort, and (b) the Nova Science LET-IT-GROW Award
About the Disney YES Class "Disney Culinary Arts":
Students in grades seven through college discover how savory storytelling and top-notch ingredients can come together to fulfill their own culinary career aspirations. On this journey backstage through the kitchens of Disney California Adventure Park, students will learn everything from the basics of the kitchen to exploratory careers.
During Disney Culinary Arts, students will:
Define key terms used by culinary professionals
Engage with professional chefs to discuss their culinary journey
Identify and understand various roles in the food service industry
Learn safe practices for receiving, storing, preparing and serving food
Discuss techniques for managing dietary restrictions and food allergies
Explore educational and professional opportunities in the culinary arts
Discover Disney’s culinary heritage and use of theming and storytelling through food
Examine the importance of teamwork and leadership in the kitchen setting
Understand the demands of different types of food service locations in an operating theme park
Trace the journey of a plate through a food service location
THIS DISNEY YES CLASS WILL START AT 8:00 AM - PLEASE SIGN-UP ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE YOUR SCOUT/STUDENT CAN CHECK-IN AT 7:30 AM ON SATURDAY MARCH 30.
Open to All Boys and Girls at least 12-years old by December 1, 2018 - whether Scout or not.
If a Scout (12-17 years old), please wear Class A Field uniform and bring (a) water bottle, (b) snack, (c) pen, (d) one signed blue card for Cooking, (e) worksheet for Cooking, and (f) Nova Science Let-It-Grow worksheet ( https://meritbadge.org/wiki/images/4/4e/Let_It_Grow%21.pdf
If a Non-Scout (12-17 years old), please come in long shorts or pants, and closed toed and closed heeled shoes with (a) water bottle and (b) snacks.
NOTES - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
1) For youth protection and privacy, registration for any and all LAX Lone Scouts' adventures are a two-part process: (a) SignUp on Eventbrite, and (b) Add Student Info to GoogleClassRoster URL to be shared on a rolling basis via the Eventbrite email platform. Please make sure you check the email address you use in your Eventbrite purchase on a regular basis as updates are sent out intermittently and your response is required per deadlines set within those email updates.
2) This is a DROP-OFF CLASS FOR ALL YOUTHS - whether scout or non-scout. Any parent/guardian who wishes to accompany their student throughout the program will need to purchase a spot on the roster. Everyone pays the same price - student or adult - there is no discount for anyone including and not limited to Disney employees, Disney annual pass holders, active/retired military, etc.
3) The price includes (a) all-day admission with in/out privileges to the "classroom“ (Disney California Adventure Park) for the Disney YES class. Everyone pays the same price - there is no discount for Disney Annual Passholders, Disney Employees, Active/Retired Military, etc, (b) one event souvenir, and (c) one YES workshop.
4) Parking and travel arrangements from wherever you are and the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim is your responsibility.
5) This particular Disney YES ticket can be upgraded to an annual pass within 30-days of our class date if you are interested.
6) Siblings and adults who have not paid for a spot on the class roster AND do not have valid annual passes in their name, can purchase admission tickets directly at the Disney Resort ticket booth to reunite with their students/scouts after the program ends to enjoy the park together. The reunion pick-up point will be announced on the morning drop-off/Check-in.
7) Detailed Itinerary will be available via email to all registrants 3-7 days prior ( March 22-24) for youth protection and privacy. Please type your email address accurately in your Eventbrite registration.
8) Please have your Scout(s) come prepared to focus and to do their best for the entire duration of the 7-hour program.
9) There are NO REFUNDS and NO WAITLIST. YOUTHS are responsible for finding their own replacements in the event they are unable to attend as planned. Organizer will not be tracking nor accepting cancelations - please DO NOT email organizer to be placed on a waitlist.
==== FAQs =====
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
YES - all students must be 12-years-old by December 1, 2018, or in Grades 7-12 for the 2018-2019 academic year.
What can I bring into the event?
BSA Scouts must come in Class A Field uniform with signed blue cards, pencil/pen (writing and drawing), water bottle, snack, their Cooking Merit Badge worksheet plus proof of Req #4, #5 and #6 completed, and their Let-It-Grow worksheet with Req #1 and #3 completed.
If proof for Cooking Req #4, #5 and #6 are not available on day of class, Scouts will either receive a partial, or will need to schedule a follow up with MB Counselor.
Non-Scouts must come in long shorts/pants with closed toed and closed heeled shoes, water bottle and snacks.
What's the refund policy?
There is NO REFUND and NO WAITLIST.
Your ticket is transferable to whom you please.
It is your/Scout responsibility to find your own replacement.
Organizer will not be tracking/accepting cancelations.
Please DO NOT EMAIL organizer about a space on the non-existing waitlist.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
YES - to exchange for your Disney YES ticket and event souvenir.
Can you tell me more about your organization? What are Lone Scouts?
Please read the Organizer Description below for Mandarin Social Adventurers.
We are not Asian. Is this class in Mandarin/Chinese?
NO - the class is held in English.
There are no language requirements to participate.
This class is OPEN to ALL Boys and Girls who are at least 12-years old by 12/01/18, regardless of race, national origin, or scout affiliation.