Advanced Study (50 hr): The Art of Flow with Simon Rowe
Advanced Study (50 hr): THE ART OF FLOW with Simon Rowe
Energetic alignment, Dynamic breath work, Hands-on assists
Embody and learn to teach energetic alignment as the basis of energetic practice. Explore dynamic breathwork for energetic activation and as a tool for creating flow. Energise your practice, bring fluidity and flow into your yoga. Learn to create and sustain a state of flow in each phase of class from the the opening to savasana.
During this module, Simon shares his in-depth knowledge and love of energetic yoga, inspired by the life-changing teachings of Sri Krishnamacharya, Prana Vinyasa and the ancient wisdom of energetic practice.Experience the transformative power of this beautiful and graceful yoga that harmonizes body, breath and mind to cultivate a state of radiant aliveness and balanced wellbeing.
Guide your students into a vibrant yoga practice, moving deeper into asanas while riding the wave of the breath.
What you will learn:
- Receive practical tools and templates for teaching flow classes.
- Enrich your practice and teaching by deepening your knowledge of the energy body (Prana, nadis, chakras)
- Learn to support the flow of Prana, your life-energy, during the 5 phases of a class.
- Learn how to embody the ‘Vayus’, the 5 winds of Prana, the energy lines and the key actions of asanas to embody and cue energetic alignment.
- Study and master the inner practice, accessing the deep core and central axis of the body through fluid activation of the bandhas, the inner energy locks.
- Explore dynamic breath work exercises as tools for liberating energy and bringing flow into a static yoga practice.
- Energize and deepen your asanas by applying the inner practice of the energetic breath.
- Receive tools for liberating the fluid body, de-armouring and unblocking stuck energy.
- Learn how to cue students, demonstrate and give dynamic hands on assists within the flow of a class.
- Practice enhancing the flow of your class by finding the right language and use of voice.
- Learn to work with music to activate, modulate and support the flow and deepen the meditative experience.
Simon will teach daily masterclasses for your own experience of the effects of energetic Vinyasa practice. There will be time for working in partners and groups, as well as for in-depth analysis and discussion. This module is suitable for both teachers and practitioners
This course is taught (mainly) in English.
Friday: 09.00 - 17.30 hr
Saturday: 12.00 - 19.00 hr
Sunday: 12.00 - 19.30 hr
Monday: 09.00 - 17.30 hr
Tuesday: 09.00 - 17.30 hr
Dates: Friday april 12th - tuesday april 16th 2019
Price: € 525,- ex VAT / € 635,25 inc VAT.*
This advanced study (50hr) is one of 6 Vinyasa expert modules offered by Simon and Daphne in De Nieuwe Yogaschool. These Advanced Studies are open to all and can be done as separate modules.
You may also like the following events from De Nieuwe Yogaschool: