Leica Akademie USA, 1 Pearl Court. Unit A, Allendale, United States
Photography Wide Open with Mark de Paola
Focused on “Photography Wide Open”, this seven hour, shooting intensive, workshop is designed for creative photographers interested in stretching their imagination and expanding the traditional definition of portraiture.
For over 40 years Mark has used Leica cameras and lenses, especially the 50mm Noctilux, to deliver projects for clients ranging from Vogue and Gucci to Superbowl commercials and fine art photographic exhibitions.
Mark’s first hand experience and wealth of still and motion imagery will provide a foundation for the class and serve as a point of inspiration during a day of in depth discussions and practical exercises. This program will begin with a half day of intensive lectures, break for lunch, and conclude with an afternoon of shooting assignments and group review session. Mark will be online and available to students for assistance during the afternoon shooting time and students are encouraged to involve a member of their household to shoot as a portraiture subject (although not required).
Don’t miss your chance to discover how Mark came to find his own visual aesthetic and experience for yourself the process that allows him to dance on the threshold of exposure and minimum focus distances
Topics covered include:
• Historical overview of Leica glass and evolution
• A brief overview of the neurobiology of human vision
• Impact of lens choice on the creative process.
• Maximizing your use of Leica lenses
• Working with natural light indoors and on-location
• Exposing for skin in fashion, beauty, and portraiture work
• Techniques for working at minimum focusing distance
• Capturing motion in a still image
• Understanding the collaboration between photographer and model
Don’t miss your chance to discover how Mark came to find his own visual aesthetic, and experience for yourself the process that’ll allow you to dance on the threshold of exposure and minimum focus distance
11:00AM – 6:00PM – EST. A mix of breaks and an hour for lunch will be included.