Our mission in Dentalo is to be a recognised academy of knowledge and a central crossroads where dental trainees globally and locally convene to upgrade their skills and competence and to put them on fast track to international level
To be a good dentist, you must be a good surgeon.
In Dentalo we will help you to master minor surgical procedures through our distinguished lecturer Prof. Dr Mohammad A. Shuman
1. Oral surgery & medical problems
"Management of patients with Medical Conditions In Dental clinic"
Medical Conditions :
• Allergies to antibiotics or local anesthetics.
• Anticoagulant use.
• Bleeding disorders.
• Pregnancy & Breastfeeding.
• Corticosteroid use.
• Implanted prosthetic devices.
• Lung disease.
• Myocardial infarction (i.e., heart attack).
• Renal disease.
• Rheumatic heart disease.
• Seizure disorder.
2- medical emergency during oral surgery.
"Management of patients in emergency situations In Dental clinic"
• Hypersensitivity Reactions.
• Chest Discomfort.
• Respiratory Difficulty (Asthma & Hyperventilation).
• Foreign Body Aspiration.
• Altered Consciousness.
• Vasovagal Syncope.
• Orthostatic Hypotension.
• Local Anesthetic Toxicity.
• Diabetes Mellitus.
• Thyroid Dysfunction.
• Adrenal Insufficiency.
• Cerebrovascular Compromise.
3- principles of oral surgery.
• Complicated extraction
• Pathology removal
• Dental implant
• Bone defect reconstruction
• When & why you should surgically remove the impacted tooth.
• Evaluation of Impaction Surgery Difficulties.
• Step by step surgical Removal of impacted teeth.
• Flap design for each type of impaction.
• Bone removal strategies.
• Tooth sectioning and delivery principles.
• Suturing techniques.
• Management of operative & postoperative complications.
5-Orodentoalveolar trauma & trauma life support.
• ATLS (ABCDE).
• Soft tissue injuries. (Abrasion, Contusion, Laceration).
• Dentoalveolar injuries.
- Intrusion and extrusion
• Alveolar fracture.
• Injuries to the primary dentition.
6- complications of oral surgery.
• Bone displacement
• Oro-antral communication
• Dry socket
• Nerve injury
Hands on & workshops :
1- Different surgical flaps.
2- perform all types of sutures.
3- Different types of dentoalveolar fixation using arch stainless steel wires, ligature wires, soft stainless steel wires
Live demo :
Extraction of impacted tooth
Clinical cases on patients are available for extra fees
Prof. Dr. Mohammad A. Shuman
Professor & Senior Consultant of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Al Azhar University
Early registration 2000L.E
late registration after 12/10 2500L.E
Early registration 150$
Late registration after 12/10 200$
Date : 24th, 25th & 26th October
For registration please fill in this Registration link
For more information please call
or send a msg to the page