Got some e-waste at home? Don't throw it in the rubbish bin. Let us recycle them for you.
Australians generate more than 650,000 tonnes of electronic waste (e-waste) each year and most of it ends up in landfill. E-waste is mostly recyclable and sending it to landfill results in a loss of valuable resources such as aluminium, gold, copper, silver and others. Recycling e-waste reduces the need for mining of new resources to produce new goods. It also helps reduce impacts to land and waterways due to the toxic materials contained in e-waste going into landfill.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Our team will greet you when you pull up – we can even remove your items while you wait in your vehicle. Prepare your items by placing them in a sturdy bag or box for easy retrieval from the boot of your car.
WHAT CAN YOU BRING
- Computers – desktops, monitors, laptops and printers
- Home and home office equipment – photocopiers, fax machines, scanners, servers, projectors, stereos, gaming consoles, DVD players and video recorders
- Computer peripherals such as joysticks
- Electronic components
- Phones – mobiles and landlines
- Small household appliances: vacuum cleaners, microwaves, toasters, mixers, blenders, kettles, heaters, irons, coffee machines, ironing boards and pedestal fans
- Power tools – drills, circular saws, power boards, electric lawnmowers, electric trimmers, electric leaf blowers (no gas or petrol powered items, please).
Items we can’t accept:
- White goods
- Hazardous waste – chemicals, paints and pesticides
- Car batteries
- Smoke alarms and fire extinguishers
- fluorescent tubes and energy saving light globes (CFLs).
Household batteries and fluorescent tubes and energy saving light globes (CFLs) can be dropped off at our libraries and customer service centres during opening hours.
City of Sydney residents can have their broken, obsolete and unwanted electronics collected from their home with our free pick-up service. Bookings are essential.
Learn more about e-waste recycling: http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/live/waste-and-recycling/e-waste-and-chemicals/e-waste