Startup Saturday Ahmedabad brings to you another expert session of- "Unlocking the Industrial IoT: A Game-Changing Technology" on 15th December 2018 at CIIE, IIM-A from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
“If we had computers that knew everything there was to know about things - using data they gathered without any help from us - we would be able to track and count everything, and greatly reduce waste, loss, and cost. We would know when things needed replacing, repairing or recalling, and whether they were fresh or past their best. We need to empower computers with their own means of gathering information, so they can see, hear and smell the world for themselves, in all its random glory.”
- From an article by Ashton published in the RFID Journal in 1999
What makes IIoT after all a game-changing technology?
To put it simply - IIoT is a bridge that integrates the physical dimension with the digital one and enables overall smarter living.
To put it more robotically - IIoT is a superpower that brings together magnificent machines with sensors, big data analytics, and people at work to help prevent ALL types of problems that are faced by humans and nature.
The present IIoT scenario is versatile with deployments going live in various enterprises, in rural villages, in urban spaces, in space centers and even in meditation centers!
IIoT is no more confined just to hardware, instead, it is blossoming vividly with variegated intelligent tech stack. Here's are some questions you can expect to get answered in this #SSAHD session:
1. How to build a business concentrated on Industrial IOT?
2. Do I need to know to code to get started with an IIoT startup?
3. How do I get in IIoT tech if I am just a beginner or know nothing?
4. How does a business model of an IIoT startup differ from a normal startup?
5. What are the existing IIoT technologies and how can I set my unique position in the same market?
6. Will a world full of IIoT tech be a utopian (ideal) world?
7. Can IIoT eradicate all the suffering of humanity? If yes, up to which extent & if no, then what next?
8. You know about how IIoT can revolutionize humanity and transcend our limitations, but how do you actually make that happen?
With Industrial IoT, there are few use cases which are consistently remaining constant within the same trade, despite different industries. Here are a few such IIoT use cases:
1. Asset tracking and monitoring
2. Automation of manual processes
3. Predictive maintenance
4. Improving safety and security
5. Buildings: energy efficiency and/or automation
6. Enhanced customer engagement and customer satisfaction
7. Data intelligence to do strategic planning
8. The more agile and efficient product design process
"The IoT in Manufacturing market size is estimated to grow from USD 6.17 Billion in 2016 to USD 20.59 Billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 27.2% from 2016 to 2021
The IoT market in intelligent transportation systems is expected to reach $143.93 billion by 2020 at an estimated CAGR of 8.95% from 2014 to 2020
The global IoT Energy market is estimated to grow from USD 7.59 Billion in 2015 to USD 22.34 Billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 24.1% during the forecast period of 2015-2020.
The Smart Water Management market is estimated to grow from USD 8.46 Billion in 2016 to USD 20.10 Billion by 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 18.9% during the forecast period 2016 to 2021"
Clearly, IoT and IIoT systems are beginning to take shape and transform life and work as we know it.
Team headstart Ahmedabad will be bringing together some of the best experts in the Industrial IoT space to discuss the opportunities Industrial IoT provides - ranging from space travel, wellbeing, food tech, water, energy, transportation, and manufacturing. If you are an aspiring entrepreneur or just plain curious about how IIoT will transform the earth, this Startup Saturday is the place to be!
Mr. Ruchit Surti, Co-founder, Locanix
Ruchit Surati is an entrepreneur and technologist with breadth of experience in the field of IoT, M2M, sensor networks and Data Analytics. He founded Locanix in the year 2012 - A company in the IoT space that is dedicated to solve problems in the field of Logistics and Infrastructure industries in India. Not only He has built a scalable technology platform for IoT but also commercialized it successfully in India. He is on Board of Mentors in GUSEC - Gujarat University Startup and Entrepreneurship Council.
Mr. Sohil Patel, CTO, Oizom
Sohil Patel, an electronics engineer from Nirma University, has four years of experience in IoT products, previously having worked with Google India and Azoi Inc.