Kothi Walk - Vadodara
Having been ruled by the Gaekwads for years, the city of Vadodara is dotted with Maratha-style buildings and monuments. The Lakshmi Vilas Palace, the sprawling premises of the Maharaja Sayajirao University are prime examples of this. The Kothi area in Vadodara is named after a big red building called the Kothi. It was built by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III and it served as the secretariat of the princely state of Baroda.
Join us as we marvel at the fusionist murals of 19th century at Tambekar Wada, right in the heart of the city. Walking through lanes of the old Kothi we will recount various myths and stories associated with this place. During the walk we will also cross the Raopura Tower or Maharani Chimnabai Tower, another example of the city’s rich built heritage.
Ticket cost: Rs 100/ person
Date: Sunday, 27th January 2019
Duration: 8 am to 10 am
Meeting Time: 7:45 am
Meeting Point: Jaysinhrao Library, Kothi, Baroda
Steps for registration:
1. Please like and share the page to register.
2. Message or Whatsapp your name and email id at 9824411888.
3. You may pay register amount either by Paytm, Google Pay or PhonePe.
4. Mandatory registration closes after 20 entries.
Contact: 9824411888 (Nayan)
Things to keep in mind:
- Parking space available near Kothi.
- Wear comfortable footwear.
- Carry a water bottle.
- No entry fee.
You may also like the following events from The One With A Plan:
- Next Saturday, 23rd February, 12:00 pm, Boardgame Day! in Gandhinagar
- Next month, 3rd March, 08:30 am, Walk through the History - Gandhi Ashram in Ahmedabad
- Next month, 9th March, 07:00 am, Trip to Champaner, Jambughoda, Statue of Unity, and Poicha in Hanover
Liked this event? Spread the word :