Blizzards of rock
The most awaited flagship music event during Chaos! 5 shortlisted bands from all over India will come together on one stage and compete to win the Blizzards of Rock. Get ready to set fire to the stage and make the crowd go wild, while you battle it out to win this coveted competition! What’s more, there are prizes worth 50,000 to be won!
Prizes Worth: 50k
Last date for submitting video application: 25th December
Eligibility: All bands are allowed to register. You DO NOT need to be a college band to participate in BOR.
Band Line-Up: The band line-up has to remain the same once registration is done, and throughout the competition. The decision of the BoR team with respect to the line-up is final and binding.
Round 1 – Prelims & Shortlisting:
During registration each band will have to submit two demo songs, with one original composition in any file format that is playable on VLC at Y2hhb3MtbXVzaWMgfCBpaW1hICEgYWMgISBpbg== by 24th December 2018. The video must be shot in a resolution of 720p or greater with clear sound and should be recording of a live performance.
• Bands can perform in either English or Hindi language.
• The songs will be judged on the following criteria:
▪ Musical Ability
• Participating bands will be given scores based on the above-mentioned criteria and based on these scores; a total of 5 finalist bands will be selected. The finalists will be notified through email by 31st December 2018.
Round 2 – Finals:
The finale will be held at IIM Ahmedabad on 26th January, 2019.
• Use of pre-recorded tracks is not permitted.
• Each band will be allotted a time of 40 minutes including sound check, stage-in and stage-out time. We suggest that the time be split into 25 minutes of performance and 15 minutes of sound check. But we leave it to the discretion of the bands to allocate time to each of the activities accordingly.
• There will be no extension of time given for any band, and bands will be given a serious penalty if they extend the allotted timing. At 35 minutes, a signal will be given to bands to complete their performance, and stage-out, so that the next band can occupy the stage.
• Basic sound check shall be done before the event begins, so band members will just have to connect and tweak the sound levels as per their requirements.
• Criteria for Judging:
▪ Musical Ability
▪ Stage Presence
▪ Overall Quality of performance
• Judge’s decision shall be final and binding.
Event Contact Person Details:
Akriti Bhogal, cDE4YWtyaXRpIHwgaWltYSAhIGFjICEgaW4=, +91 9654123215
Ananya Dalal, cDE4YW5hbnlhIHwgaWltYSAhIGFjICEgaW4=, +91 9879487758
Liked this event? Spread the word :