The 2013 festival is in the works! Mark your calendars for August 10, 2013, and check back frequently as we update the site with details in the weeks and months to come.
Downtown Newmarket will be transformed into a vibrant festival that’s all about live music, craft beer, great local product and Great Bay oysters.
* Lamprey Healthcare 5k Race
* Farmers Market at Carpenters Greenhouse
* Live Music on 2 stages: Main St and Waterfront (11 am - 6 pm)
* Oyster Tent + Beer Garden and Bands: Stone Church (11 am - 1 am)
Saturday, August 10, 2013. Events and Music all day. Rain or Shine.
* Main Street + Water Street, Schanda Park Newmarket, NH
(Accessible from Rt. 4 through Durham or Rt. 33 from Exeter and at the Stone Church
Free Parking in the Municipal lot adjacent to the Public Library, 1 Elm and also at the Newmarket Jr/Sr. High School. The Stone Church also has parking.
Located about twenty minutes from Portsmouth, Newmarket is an old mill town situated on the Lamprey River, a tributary of the Great Bay. Refreshingly, even defiantly, down-to-earth it is both well-grounded and artsy in an appealingly unpretentious way. The Olde Home Day and Oyster Festival is a toast to Newmarket’s roots and rejuvenation of its Downtown Village and Waterfront.
The Nature Conservancy of New Hampshire is leading local efforts, along with partners at the University of New Hampshire, Piscataqua Region Estuaries Partnership and others, to restore native oyster populations in the Great Bay Estuary. Oysters are not only good to eat, they provide important benefits to the estuary for filtering pollutants and creating habitat for fish. We have lost more than 90% of our oysters but efforts to rebuild local reefs, one acre at a time using recycled shell, are helping to turn the tide!
* Lamprey Healthcare 5K Race
* Farmers’ Market, featuring local vendors - Carpenters Greenhouse
* Live music on the bandstand & at Schanda Park/Water Front
* Oyster Tent + Beer Garden and Bands at the Stone Church
* Over 50 Vendors!
* Food Vendors
* Bounce House
* Face Painting
* Glitter Tattoos
* Sand Art
* McDonnys Farm Animals
* Mary Poppins on Main Street from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
* Lucky Bob the Juggler and Magician 11 am - 6 pm
* Midas Music 11 am - 6 pm (Schanda Park)
* Kuddles the Clown with Balloon making 11 am - 6 pm (Schanda Park)
MAIN STREET BAND SCHEDULE:
* 11 am - 6 pm
WATERFRONT STAGE/ACTIVITIES AT SCHANDA PARK SCHEDULE:
* 11 am - 6 pm
* McDonny's Traveling Farm
* Rock Wall & Bungee Jump
* Lucky Bob the Magician and Juggler
* Midas Music - Music all day and Karaoke
* Carnival Games
* Food Vendors
* Other Vendors
* Kuddles the Clown
* 11 am - 1 am (Closing)
* Oysters and Beer Tent
* Bands TBA
Please go and Like "Newmarket Olde Home Day & Oyster Festival Fan Page" for more information and see a list of vendors.
Please email Newmarket_OHD@yahoo.com