Dates: Aug 30 - Sep 2, 2013
Location: Denver Doubletree (3203 Quebec St, Denver)
Registration is now open for the Denver Tango Festival over Labor Day weekend.
*Please note that Thursday's milonga has been removed from the schedule this year.*
See the website for more information:
This year's feature teachers and DJs include:
- Homer & Cristina Ladas
- Avik Basu & Marika Landry
- Mitra Martin & Stefan Fabry
- Sabah Chammas
- Lung Kuei
WHAT'S SPECIAL ABOUT THE DENVER TANGO FESTIVAL?
The Denver Tango Festival over Labor Day is a medium-sized festival (200-300 people rather than 400-600) where you can easily meet new people and find your friends from previous festivals. It is a special treat for all tango dancers who love the social tango popular in the milongas of Buenos Aires, close, subtle & romantic. We organize the milongas with enough space for everyone to sit and encourage attendees to follow traditional Buenos Aires "codes of the milonga", including the cabeceo and floorcraft.
This is a festival "By Dancers; For Dancers" featuring:
- Welcoming Denver dance community
- Extraordinary, approachable instructors
- Some of the best DJs in the US
- Quality, Soft Dance Floor
- Traditional line of dance
- Sunset Outdoor Milonga and Picnic by Tango Colorado